Saturday, April 25, 2015

Beastmen Imperial Guard

Time flies when you're not updating your hobby blog :)

I have a bunch of stuff I want to document, so I'll start with one of my latest projects. I've seen some great Beastman troopers for the Imperial Guard in 40k, and wanted some of my own. It's not an original idea, but I really like the look...and I'm happy with how mine turned out.

I made a squad of 5 guardsmen using arms and torsos from Imperial Guard kits, with legs cut from the bodies of Warhammer Fantasy Ungors. I cut the Ungors right across the tops of their belts, level with the ground. I ended up trimming a fair amount of the detail off the beastman belts, and covered up the somewhat rough beltline (and doubling up on actual belts).

Here's how the Sergeant turned out:


And a pair of troopers armed with lasguns:


And finally there are two heavy support weapons to round out the squad:


These should be fun to paint :)


No comments:

Post a Comment