Thursday, April 30, 2015

Old Spacer and Servitors

All three of these figures are pretty old, as far as projects go. I started them a few years ago and am just now getting around to finishing them. They don't even necessarily go together, but I had originally envisioned this guy as some kind of Inquisitor who was really in to Xeno tech

This guy is an old spacefarer. He was originally going to be some kind of Inquisitor, but I liked the stripped-down look of his armor so much that I couldn't bear to bling it up. His head came from the Mordheim sprue...but had a huge hat on, which I removed. To cover up the crude surgery I gave him a kind of soft cap (I imagined it sort of like what an astronaut might wear inside his helmet). 


His armor is just Space Marine power armor, but with all the repaired areas and vents covered up, and all the bling removed. I rounded out the legs a bit as well, to give him a more sleek look. The power fist is from an old close-combat sprue, modified somewhat.


The backpack is a cut-down and kitbashed Space Marine backpack and some parts from a few tank kits and an helicopter control panel. It needs a little finishing work on top, but I'm mostly satisfied with it. His plasma pistol is huge, and has a pretty obvious cable connection underneath (it's the same one I used on the pirate Captain). I'll have to work out some way to connect that to his pack.


I think I had originally planned to try to make this sword look like it was some kind of Chaos relic, which was why he needed a Power Fist to hold it, but I like the idea that he's just wielding a ginormous two-handed weapon in one giant mitt.


These are some kind of servitors. They're built from Skaven/Empire parts from the Mordheim boxed set, some old Space Marine arms (and backpack bits), and an Ork plasma gun. The heads are distributor caps from car models. I think these need about 300x as many cables and rivets and ports on them to really look like servitors though.




No comments:

Post a Comment